If you drink a glass of orange juice when you feel tired, exhausting or you have first the symptoms of a cold, then you are doing everything right. However, oranges are not the only product contains a large amount of vitamin C.
Below you may find 5 vegetables and fruits, which contain more vitamin C than oranges.
- Chili pepper – Only half a cup of shredded chili pepper contains 110 milligrams of vitamin C (with a daily rate of 60-80 milligrams).
- Bell pepper – A cup of chopped red or green bell pepper contains almost three times more vitamin C than an orange — 190 milligrams.
- Broccoli – This vegetable, another of the cruciferous family, will provide you with 132 milligrams of vitamin C + a healthy dose of fiber with a minimum calorie content (only 30 calories per serving)
- Papaya – Scientific experiment proves that regular consumption of papaya helps cleanse the sinuses, brightens the skin and strengthens bones. Add to this the fact that a cup of sliced papaya will provide you with 88 milligrams of vitamin C.
- Strawberry – Strawberry is an affordable superfood – it contains about 85 milligrams of vitamin C, as well as vitamin B9 (folic acid)