The number of overweight people continues to grow. In certain countries over 30% of its population suffers from obesity and related disease. The largest risk factor is malnutrition, often due to an in-balance of poor eating habits and lack of physical activity.
Being overweight is not just about how you look. Over time, it means that you have a significantly increased risk of developing health problems. To learn more about what qualifies as overweight, calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) and measure your waist circumference.
Health risks of being obese or overweight:
- Tiredness, lack of energy
- Breathing problems or shortness of breath
- Sweating more than usual
- Skin irritation
- Difficulty sleeping
- Excessive snoring
- Back and joint pain
American Medical Centers is proud to present its newest program:
– “Healthy Life”,
Combining the latest scientific methods and accumulated practical experience, our methods are aimed at regulating the hormonal background and restoring the body’s ability to break-down its own fats.
The qualified specialists at AMC clinics will help you become healthier, regulating your body and weight to its natural level. The Healthy life program is designed for all people, with or without weight challenges. In addition to AMC Family Physicians, you will be cared for by:
- Dr. Slastin is the President of the League of Fitness Dietitians and Nutritionists, a member of the American Nutrition Association, and a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. In his own practice, Dr. Slastin follows modern and progressive methods of weight loss, anti-aging diets, and physical activity programs.
- Violetta Sokol, psychologist. She got a Health Coach degree (CHC) from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, US and has an extensive international experience
- with individual, couple and family counseling, treating depression, psychosomatic disturbances, stress, adaptation and anxiety disorders.