Good gynaecological health is fundamental to women’s wellbeing and peace of mind. We offer an annual gynaecological check for women under 40 years old. Our gynaecologist will take a history and conduct an examination, which is complemented by abdominal and pelvic ultrasound. Enquiries will be made about the family history of breast and other cancers and checks are always made for papillomavirus which can cause cervical (neck of the womb) cancer. Checks include a PAP smear test (if this is out of date) blood tests for thyroid disease and anaemia, a urine test and ultrasound of breasts, pelvis, and abdomen.
Our experienced gynaecologists are specially trained in communication skills and are open to all your questions about gynaecological and sexual health.
Consultation, Examination, Recommendations
- CBC/ESR – To check red and white cells and their balance
- TSH – To check for over/underactive thyroid function
- Urine Analysis – To check kidney function and possible infection
- Wet Prep (Microscopic Examination for infection or disbalance)
- Pap Smear (Microscopic examination for cervical pre-cancer cells)
- PCR for Oncogenic HPV (Genetic testing of viruses causing Cervical Cancer)
- Pelvic Ultrasound – To examine gynaecological organs
- Breast Ultrasound