Diabetes is the 5th most common disease in Kazakhstan and the prevalence of the disease is rising rapidly.
American Medical Centers Almaty is launching an affordable premium health check recommended each year to find out your risk of developing Diabetes.
A basic check includes blood tests for blood glucose, HBA1C, urine test, and more, while the Comprehensive check includes a personalized risk assessment and prevention recommendations for patients and families who may be at an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes due to genetic factors.
How to prepare for a consultation:
DO NOT eat or drink anything (other than sips of water) for 12 hours before your test.
- Initial Extensive Consultation with General Physician
- Glucose test – to measure a glucose level in blood
- HBA1C – A haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) test measures the amount of blood sugar (glucose) attached to haemoglobin. An HbA1c test shows what the average amount of glucose attached to haemoglobin has been over the past three months.
- Insulin – is a hormone that is produced and stored in the beta cells of the pancreas. It is secreted in response to elevated blood glucose following a meal and is vital for the transportation and storage of glucose, the body’s main source of energy.
- Lipid profile – Having too many lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides) in your blood can lead to buildup in your blood vessels and arteries, which can cause damage and increase your risk of cardiovascular problems.
- C-peptide – A C-peptide test measures the level of C-peptide in your blood or urine. It can be used to tell which type of diabetes you have
PRICE – $115
Everything in Basic plus:
- Genetic risk of type 2 diabetes (PPARG, IL6) – Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is a complex disease caused by the interaction between genetic and environmental factors.
PRICE – $295